Reacties
rtoshiro

Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Internet connection stability

Hi everyone,

Sorry for english message but my dutch it is still not there yet. 

I've seen some people posting about their downstream/upstream values because of internet stability issues.

I am having some issues with stability and I was wondering if I am having issues as well and if I should schedule a visit. 
Thanks a lot. 

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Monica
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 772Posts
  • 154Oplossingen
  • 262Likes

Hi @rtoshiro, welcome to the Ziggo Community! I've scheduled an appointment for a technician to come by on 14-03-2022 between 12.00 and 18.00. The technician has the necessary equipment with him and can install a new modem. Then you don't have to wait for the delivery of a new modem first. You will receive a confirmation of the appointment by e-mail. If the selected time-frame does not suit you, you can also reschedule the appointment via the link in this e-mail. 

Bekijk in context

8 Reacties 8
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Downstream exhibits noise, MER values are relatively low.

Using the Mediabox XL (in particular this older SMT-G7400 type) as a modem router is not recommended, it should be used as a TV decoder only. A separate modem router (SmartWifi modem) should be installed.

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet near electrical meter/fuse box or in living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable? If the AOP is not inside the living room, please post pictures of both the AOP and the outlet which the Mediabox XL is connected to.

rtoshiro
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks a lot. 

I took a picture of each exposed box i could find near my electrical meter. There is no other thing outside this area. And I took a picture of where we connect the cable for the Mediabox XL in the wall. There is nothing in between. 

rtoshiro
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

About the modem, is there anything I could do? Should I try to replace it with Ziggo?

I'm not currently relying on the WIFI connection from this modem, but i'm using an ethernet cable from Mediabox XL to another wifi router 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Only points of interest are the AOP (VQ601R) and TV/R outlet (unknown type). Both are outdated and should ideally be replaced by a technician.

20220308-01.jpg

A splitter (POA-01-B or ESX-02) is to be installed in the meter cupboard. Afterwards, both modem and decoder (living room) are to be connected to the splitter.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) will visit this topic within 1-2 days. Both a technician appointment and new modem router can then be arranged.

Please fill out your address details on this page, these are visible to moderators only.

rtoshiro
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thank you very much @tobiastheebe i really appreciate it. 

I've filled in my profile data. I'll wait for the moderator. 

Monica
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 772Posts
  • 154Oplossingen
  • 262Likes

Hi @rtoshiro, welcome to the Ziggo Community! I've scheduled an appointment for a technician to come by on 14-03-2022 between 12.00 and 18.00. The technician has the necessary equipment with him and can install a new modem. Then you don't have to wait for the delivery of a new modem first. You will receive a confirmation of the appointment by e-mail. If the selected time-frame does not suit you, you can also reschedule the appointment via the link in this e-mail. 

rtoshiro
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi @Monica 

Thanks a lot. The technician came in today but he didn't have the modem with him. 

He suggested me to call customer service. What do you recommend in this case? Should I call CS? Is there a way to mention this discussion in a CS call to give them some context?

Thanks a lot. 

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

It's really unfortunate that the engineer didn't have a new modem at the ready for you. Sorry about that, @rtoshiro. I see that you've contacted Customer Services yesterday and that a new modem is currently en route to you. So thankfully that's already done 😉

Will you please let us know here when the modem has arrived and if you've managed to install it. If you need any help in that regard, the Community and I will gladly help you out 🙂

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic