Vraag
Reacties
dmitrii

Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Internet connection barely works

Hi all. Since today I have a barely working internet connection. Most of the sites (twitter, ziggogo.tv, ziggo.nl - took me 10-15 minutes to eventually sign up & create this topic) aren't loading or loads after few minutes. Gmail, Youtube woks fine though, with decent speed. Running pings traceroutes showing 5-10% packet losses, see on an image attached. Pinging the very first "hop" gateway ( asd-rc0001-cr141-sys.core.as33915.net) also shows packet drops. This affects both wired & wireless connection. I have no customization in a modem. I restarted it twice, I tried disabling modem's firewall, wifi to no avail. Checking if it's DNS, I've tried setting 8.8.8.8 as a primary DNS - no difference. nslookup showed identical results to nslookup run from a mobile phone using vodafone mobile network. Any tips appreciated.
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

You can try the modem by removing the splitter and plugging the cable directly into the wall socket.

But actually, he must be within 3 meters of the first place where Ziggo enters your house.

From there you can either use WiFi or use a network cable.

Ziggo does not guarantee operation of the modem behind a 2nd wall socket.

Bekijk in context

6 Reacties 6
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

Is this the first place where Ziggo enters your house?

Maybe in the power cabinet?

Can you place your upstream values from your modem with a screenshot and the latest dates from the networklog?

dmitrii
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Looks like not, found another place, where cables go into the roof (that's a multi-apartment building).

Please find attached the photo, network log & upstream data

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

You can try the modem by removing the splitter and plugging the cable directly into the wall socket.

But actually, he must be within 3 meters of the first place where Ziggo enters your house.

From there you can either use WiFi or use a network cable.

Ziggo does not guarantee operation of the modem behind a 2nd wall socket.

dmitrii
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Plugging it there & then plugging it back into the original socket actually helped. Thanks a ton! Have a great week!

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

And remove this splitter if you don't need it to split.

The cable can directly in de wall socket.

1111.png

dmitrii
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Will do, thanks!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic