krysnmz

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Installation Problem: No coaxial outputs

Good evening,

I am a new user and I received my kit yesterday via postnl.

The responsible in the Ziggo shop where I have registered myself told me that I have ziggo infrastructure at my address and a technician would come today to have it installed. No one showed up and I decided to install it myself following the instructions in the box. The problem is that I don’t have any coaxial outputs in the house and I couldn’t find a way to properly install the modem. I called the customer care service and the support technician told me that he can see that I suppose to have a green cable at the house because he can see it on their systems. I told him that I don’t have such a cable and wanted to have an appointment. He then proposed a date to 10th of January which is quite a long time for me considering I am working home and I’ve already used my mobile data package… 

Anyone has any ideas to help me ?

Thank you 

Kind Regards

Koray

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Jamyla
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5792Posts
  • 685Oplossingen
  • 2412Likes

Goodafternoon @krysnmz

I can see you allready contacted our support desk to cancel the subscription. This has been processed by my colleague since yesterday. 
We ask you to return our package back to PostNL and please make sure you keep the return receipt.

Bekijk in context

5 Reacties 5
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21927Likes

A Ziggo moderator can see if a technician can come to you earlier.

This is a customer help customer forum where Ziggo moderators/employees, they have Ziggo in front of their name, usually drop by in every topic within one working day.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

A green cable is only visible when the AOP (main socket) is located inside the meter cupboard ('meterkast'). In properties built before ~1990, the AOP is usually located in the living room. If no AOP is visible, previous owners might have hidden it (during remodeling, for example) or removed it altogether, leaving only the green cable behind. If that is the case, waiting for a technician is the only option.

Just to be sure, could you post pictures of non-electrical sockets in both living room and meter cupboard?

krysnmz
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks for the support. Here are some images;

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

No luck so far, just a fiber FTU + NTU, looks like the previous owners/tenants were using those for their internet connection.

You might be able to find the green cable inside the crawlspace, possibly cut off.

Jamyla
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5792Posts
  • 685Oplossingen
  • 2412Likes

Goodafternoon @krysnmz

I can see you allready contacted our support desk to cancel the subscription. This has been processed by my colleague since yesterday. 
We ask you to return our package back to PostNL and please make sure you keep the return receipt.

Uitgelicht topic