Tina Stant

Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Installatie Ziggo Wifipods

I have the wifi booster and want to install this. However the app needed for this is not working for me. I always get this error message. I called ziggo support and they redirected me here as they could not solve it there. It seems the more people have had this issue, related the the iphone as well? I have an iphone 11

C603310C-A236-473C-8006-B50B25C05303.png

 I really need good internet availability asap, as I am responsible  for the wifi for other people that live here. I have had multiple issues already with the internet and would really appreciate to know how this can be solved quickly. Thank you for your time. 
Warm regards,

Tina Stant

17 Reacties 17
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

This is a customer help customer forum where Ziggo moderators/employees, they have Ziggo in front of their name, usually drop by in every topic within one working day.

Make sure that your zip code and house number are in your Ziggo community profile, they cannot be seen publicly, so the correct information can be obtained immediately.

After clicking on the link below, scroll down on the next page: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hello! This is the first time i am using this page. I think a reaction was posted but i cannot see an answer? 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Tomorrow there wil be a Ziggo moderator coming by.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Maybe it helps to reset de modem by pushing de reset at the back for 30 seconds.

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Bert. 

The internet works well, I can use all other apps in my phone. Just the smartwifi app is now working and that is not an internet issue. The screenshot shows that it is not connecting to your server? When I called ziggo, they said it was an issue that has come up before in the community. 

Warm regards,

Tina Stant

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Sorry, but what do you mean with coming by? On this virtual page or really to my address? 

Warm regards,

Tina Stant

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

@Tina Stant, welcome to the Ziggo Community. This what @Bert meant that we as employees visit the Ziggo Community regularly and provide advice where necessary (and possible).

It's sad when there are cures with installing your WiFi booster. Is the App you are using the right one? If you perform these steps below, can you indicate to which step you are coming?

Here you will first find the steps for installing the booster. Do you have TP-Link brand SmartWifi pods at home? Then use the Deco app (download it for Apple or Android).

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Jacob,

So you do mean coming to the address? That is still not clear. If someone is coming today, that would not work as I am currently at work. Then we need to plan another day? 

I have clicked on those links before indeed to install. I am using the right app. The first message i sent in a screen shot of where I then get stuck and still do. This screen shows right after logging into my ziggo account. 

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

I've edited my previous post, it is indeed about visiting the topics on the Community. The message is strange. You can log in to your regular My Ziggo account? How long have you had these? If you have just created an account, it can take a few hours before you can also use this function.

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Yes I can log on and I have had this problem for about three days now where I always get that same screen with restarting, updates, downloading the app again etc. The ziggo account should be good because i also always need to log on to respond here. 

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

@Tina Stant Thanks for the explanation.

Do you want to remove the app again and reset your modem to the factory settings using the button on the back? It is also important that it is not in the bridge mode. 

Then you can download the App again and do you want to perform the steps by installing it again? Please be sure you connect by the right network. 

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hello Jacob,

The internet package and modem are newly installed. I have not changed any of the standard settings. I am not sure what bridge mode is, but if it not a standard then this is not on as well. I have gone through all the resetting processes. I was told on my call with Ziggo that this issue is happening to more people with an iPhone. That a solution was not posted yet. I am not sure if you are aware of this? I have had so many issues now with this whole internet package. I just want a clear solution and I feel that I am repeating myself the whole time. The app not working does not seem like it is an issue from my side at all. It says its not connecting to the server, as in your server. The internet (at least when sitting close to the modem) works absolutely fine. If the internet was an issue, I feel that I would be getting a different error message likely as soon as I open the app and not always after logging on. Can we plan in a call? That may be more effective.

Warm regards,

Tina Stant 

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Hello Tina,

This is a customer help customer forum, we don't plan in calls by this way. But I'm sorry to read that the Smartwifi app and the new Smart Wifipods are not working right now.

Jacob asked you some questions about Mijn Ziggo, this is the first step in the Smartwifi app. In the system we don't see a Mijn Ziggo account. Your mailadress is only connected by MyVodafone. So please make a Mijn Ziggo account, you can do this on this page. If you want the same login for MyVodafone and Mijn Ziggo you can add Mijn Ziggo in the MyVodafone app.

In the stores you will find the newest version of the Wifi Smartapp too. Please make sure you've got this newest (2.16.15) version and keep us posted!

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

**attachements removed by moderator because of privacy details**

Thanks for looking into something different. However, the accounts are not making any sense. I cannot create an account and I cannot add the account I am using for here to Vodafone. See the screenshots attached. It is saying I need to contact customer service again. Its not the password because when i put in the wrong password I do get a different error message. 

Rikst
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5181Posts
  • 488Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

Are you perhaps trying to make an account with the username that is allready active for My Vodafone? That is not possible, you have to choose a different username to create a Mijn Ziggo account. After doing that, you can connect My Vodafone and Mijn Ziggo and login with the same details.

Tina Stant
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

No, it is saying I cannot use the same email address. But i do not want to link an account to a different email address. I only have one address. Is that not possible between vodafone and ziggo to have the same? These two accounts are not clear how they work at all. I need to log onto here, the community, to responde each time. Is that not a valid ziggo account? Or is that a third account? 

Monica
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 772Posts
  • 154Oplossingen
  • 262Likes

There are two options with these accounts @Tina Stant. You can keep them separate, but then you would need a different email address for the MyZiggo account. If you would like to combine the accounts, you would only need one email address. To do this you can go through the following steps:

1. Login to your MyVodafone account. 
2. Go to the top right of the screen and click on the email address. You will then see: My account and Logout. Choose My account.
3. You're now on the account page. While here, select expand your account (account uitbreiden). 
4. You will now see the option add Ziggo (Ziggo toevoegen), please select this. 
5. Fill in all data (postal code, house number and customer number) The zip code must be in capital letters and without a space, otherwise you will get an error message. 
6. There will be a check, if there is no MyZiggo account found the pairing will be completed. You can now log in with your My Vodafone account on both environments.

Will you let us know if it worked? After pairing the accounts, I am curious what the smart WiFi app will do.

Uitgelicht topic