Vraag
Reageer en help mee
KimHill09

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Instable Wifi, extremely bad at times

The Wifi seems to be extremely instable so that (running speed tests) the download speed often remains below 5mbit/s. There are times where it seems to function quite normally, websites are loading at normal speed, etc. However, over the past few weeks it has only gotten worse and is now extremely flactuating and super slow at certain times every day. We of course already went through the checklist for improving the internet several times but no reset or change in settings seems to help. I attached the downstream/upstream screenshots and hope someone could perhaps help with this! 

Thank you!! 

3 Reacties 3
Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

Good afternoon @KimHill09 and welcome to our Community,

I am very sorry that you are having trouble with your internetconnection! I've had a look at your connection and I noticed a serious amount of disturbance on the downstreamfrequenties. 
My measurement includes the entire signal from the power amplifier to the modem. So also the part of the indoor installation.

It is important to first rule out a possible cause in the connection between the Ziggo connection point and the modem before we send a networkengineer. I recommend you to check the indoor connections with the information on this page. 
Make sure that the modem is directly connected with a coaxialcable (not langer than 1.5 meter) towards the Ziggo connection. Ensure that the cable is connected thoroughly on both the modem and Ziggo connections.
Are you able to share some pictures on which we can check the current setup? 

Please let us know what your findings are so we can determine the follow up in regards to the problem. 

In regards to the wireless connection I also recommend to have a look at this information. You can read how you can optimize the wireless internetconnection. 

KimHill09
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thank you @Paul Ziggo ! 

I checked everything regarding the indoor connection and went through the checklist you sent. I now changed to the 2.4 GHz, removed the splitter because it was not needed anyway and also positioned the router in front of the chamber (see pictures) to have fewer walls in between - this helped to improve the connection to make it at least stable. 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

@KimHill09 Good that you've improved the connections between the modem and the first connection. And I read that you've also optimized the wifi. Please let us know what your findings are after these changes.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic