Reacties
caner1

Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Green light blinking

Hello all,

Today i have received Ziggo modem and tried to install it as per the guideline on the internet. Once I have completed the installation, I saw that wifi icon is always on and power light which is green is blinking. I have tried to find a solution but could not be successful. I have realized that others have also had same problem and they have shared upstream and downstream info in their posts. Therefore, I share screenshots for upstream and downstream infos as attached.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@caner1 If I understand you correctly, you did not see a mechanic today, but you did receive confirmation of his visit. I took out the mechanic's receipt and it looks like a mechanic has been there today around 9 o'clock. I read that there are 3 apartments connected to 1 connection. Could it be that the technician rang the bell at the wrong door? I understand that this is very disappointing, but I'm afraid that a new appointment will have to be scheduled here anyway. I've planned a new appointment on Friday the 9th of September 2022 between 8 an 13. You can reschedule the appointment via My Ziggo in case it doesn't suit you. 

Bekijk in context

14 Reacties 14
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Can you place a photo from the first place where Ziggo enters your home?

And is there your modem to?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The modem indicates no or usable signal.

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

If you are a new customer, a technician appointment may be required to physically connect the AOP to the EV ('eindversterker' = final amplifier) outside.

caner1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I hereby provide several photos from the main outlet and apartment inside. Since I have just moved to this apartment 2 days ago I do not have much information about the building. 

I think technician might solve the problem. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The splitter is redundant if you are not going to connect a TV or set-top box (Mediabox) and may be removed. Is this the only outlet inside the apartment?

caner1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Yes this is the only one in apartment.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

In that case, a technician appointment is the next step. The current outlet is outdated and will be replaced by a btv 01-SET, which is single-output.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) can schedule a technician appointment and will visit this topic within 1-2 days.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

Goodmorning @caner1 and a warm welcom to our Community,

I'm very sorry that you are having trouble with the internetconnection! It's a good that you've started a topic to ask for support with this. I noticed that our expert @tobiastheebe already had started an analysis with you to rule out possible causes in the inhome installation. The outlet, which is visible on the photo is outdated an should be replaced. I've planned an appointment with a technician on Monday the 5th of September 2022 between 8 and 13 o'clock. You are able to reschedule the appointment via Mijn Ziggo > Mijn Gegevens > Mijn Monteursafspraken. Please let us know what your findings are after the visit from the technician. 

caner1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your interest and quick response.

5th September is not suitable for me. So I have tried to change it to 6th September via my ziggo just like you have stated in your response. But there is no appointment showing at "My Mechanic Appointmetns".

Therefore could not change it.

Is it possible for you to reschedule it for 6th September 2022?

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@caner1 You're welcome! I've reschuled the appointment for you to Tuesday the 6th of September 2022 between 8 and 13. 

caner1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Paul,

Today, technician should have came to my home to fix the problem as per the schedule. I did not go to work just to wait him/her. However, I have received an email saying that "Our engineer has just left the house and we are very interested in your opinion." But nobody came to my home. How he left home although he did not come. I was even not called even if he could not find the right location. I have been waiting 3 days for this appointment to fix the problem but this is the result I got. Honestly speaking, It's very disappointing for me. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

I have just notified the moderators.

Is the modem still offline?

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@caner1 If I understand you correctly, you did not see a mechanic today, but you did receive confirmation of his visit. I took out the mechanic's receipt and it looks like a mechanic has been there today around 9 o'clock. I read that there are 3 apartments connected to 1 connection. Could it be that the technician rang the bell at the wrong door? I understand that this is very disappointing, but I'm afraid that a new appointment will have to be scheduled here anyway. I've planned a new appointment on Friday the 9th of September 2022 between 8 an 13. You can reschedule the appointment via My Ziggo in case it doesn't suit you. 

caner1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the new appointment. 

If it's possible, could you please warn the technician to call me when he comes to the location? So in this way, we may prevent to happen this issue again.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@caner1 I've put an extra note in the technicians report to prevent this happens again. 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic