Vraag
Reacties
Somesh

Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Green light blinking, no rf signal detected

Hi, in installed the modem. Green light is blinking and i see error "no rf signal detected". 

I have been without internet for a week now. Please help

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Wim C.

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 6244Posts
  • 234Oplossingen
  • 4821Likes

Hi @Somesh 

I understand. Then there must be a connection somewhere else in your home where this photographed cable is connected. Possibly this Ziggo outlet can be found in the place where the fuse box is located. When you have found the outlet, take a picture of it.

But now that I've looked more closely at the photo, it looks a lot like a Ziggo cable and these are often no longer than 1.5 meters. It is therefore possible that the cable is neatly hidden in the wall and that the connection is somewhere behind a cabinet. 😦

Tomorrow a moderator will probably visit this topic, otherwise you can make an appointment by phone or via chat with the helpdesk.

Bekijk in context

8 Reacties 8
Somesh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Uploading the pic of ziggo cable

Wim C.

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 6244Posts
  • 234Oplossingen
  • 4821Likes

Hi @Somesh 

Too bad you've been without internet for a week. Why didn't you respond earlier?

By the way: welcome to this customer-helps-customer forum where I'm also (just) a customer. Ziggo moderators usually visit each topic within one working day (between Monday and Friday).

Could you please post a photo of the first connection where Ziggo enters your home? A photo with any splitters, signal amplifiers and the modem? 

Somesh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi wim, thank you for reply. The picture which is i shared is the first ziggo point in the living room, coming straight out of the wall. There is no wall mount or splitter 

I guess it is best if technician visits to setup the connection. How can I arrange for an appointment?

Wim C.

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 6244Posts
  • 234Oplossingen
  • 4821Likes

Hi @Somesh 

I understand. Then there must be a connection somewhere else in your home where this photographed cable is connected. Possibly this Ziggo outlet can be found in the place where the fuse box is located. When you have found the outlet, take a picture of it.

But now that I've looked more closely at the photo, it looks a lot like a Ziggo cable and these are often no longer than 1.5 meters. It is therefore possible that the cable is neatly hidden in the wall and that the connection is somewhere behind a cabinet. 😦

Tomorrow a moderator will probably visit this topic, otherwise you can make an appointment by phone or via chat with the helpdesk.

Somesh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thanks Wim. After your guidance, i traced the cable and found splitter hidden at the cornor. Wire was not connected to that splitter. I connected the wire and now see white light on modem. Thank you for you time and help. I see intermittent disconnection ( max 60 sec) . Is that normal?

Wim C.

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 6244Posts
  • 234Oplossingen
  • 4821Likes

@Somesh That's quite a succes on a Sunday morning. I'm glad it works! 👍🏻

Try a factory reset. Press the reset button for 30 seconds and see what happens.

Somesh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

@Wim C. Indeed that was success. Thanks. i am now facing another issue.. The internet suddenly gets disconnected and again connects back in 20 min. It messed up to of my meetings today as i suddenly got out of meeting due to internet issue. 

How can i ensure reliable internet connection?

Rikst
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5179Posts
  • 488Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

Hi @Somesh

Sorry to hear that you were facing some issues again. Can you share with us your experience the current status and the passed days?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic