Vraag
Reacties
ucc

Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

First Install, Cannot connect to the internet

Hi, I switched to Ziggo internet (no TV) today. Set up the Connectbox modem, got the green light blinking for more than 15 min, so I chatted with an employee, he said he "activated" the modem, and I should get connection.

It's been almost 12 hours and the green light still blinks. Online search suggests I don't have internet connection, which is true. My devices can connect with no internet.

Logging into the modem, I see it says "No RF signal detected." And the diagnostics said there is a broadband problem. I tried the first steps, pushed coaxial cable as furthest as I could, but nothing changes.

I am really unhappy as we are two people working from home with constant video calls, and now we will probably spend several days waiting for the mechanic. Attached the photos of the wall socket, and the modem. And some information from the modem interface. For example it says network access is blocked for the modem. 

• Note: My previous provider connected me to the landline connection (?) you can find attached. If that will help with my problem, I can also use it until a mechanic arrives, but I don't think that will help. 
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Correct, no AOP is present inside the meter cupboard. The technician will verify the physical connection inside the EV and (re-)establish it as required. He should also replace the GUT 14D with a btv 01-SET.

After the appointment, you could post the downstream/upstream data once again for final verification.

Bekijk in context

8 Reacties 8
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

The modem is currently connected to an outdated TV/R outlet (GUT 14D). The modem should be connected to the AOP ('abonnee overname-punt' = main outlet). To ensure that this outlet is the AOP, could you post one or more pictures of the meter cupboard?

The AOP may not be physically connected to the EV ('eindversterker' = final amplifier) on the street yet, or a blocking/noise filter was installed. This would require a technician appointment to resolve.

The other outlet (marked 'PTT') is an 'ISRA' outlet which is used by other providers.

ucc
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hello @tobiastheebe, I have seen your messages, too, in previous topics, and have already checked my meterkast, thank you very much for your active help. I don't see such an outlet nor do I have a socket to plug the modem in, regardless. 

20220510_074212.jpg

20220510_074215.jpg

 meanwhile I have arranged for a mechanic to come today, I can update this once he is done. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Correct, no AOP is present inside the meter cupboard. The technician will verify the physical connection inside the EV and (re-)establish it as required. He should also replace the GUT 14D with a btv 01-SET.

After the appointment, you could post the downstream/upstream data once again for final verification.

ucc
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

 Technician did as you outlined, and now everything is working, thanks again! 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

DS + US power levels and DS MER levels are very good to excellent.

The splitter is redundant, I suggest removing it or installing an IEC female termination resistor on the unused output to prevent noise ingress.

ucc
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I know, and I asked about the splitter, but he said there is no real signal loss and that it is better for the cable.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

The splitter adds 4 dB of attenuation, which does optimize the power levels in this case, but outputs should not be left unterminated. The technician should have installed a termination resistor.

ucc
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I'll see for myself, then. Yes, he did not add that. Thanks! 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic