Vraag
Reacties
DigitalIdentity

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Enabling IPv6 on Connectbox Giga router

I recently migrated my Mediabox Next to a Mediabox Next Mini and I ran into some problems with the installation. After connecting the supplied Ethernet cable from the power adapter to the Orbi RBRE960 mesh satellite and the USB cable to the Mediabox Mini Next I completed the setup. After about 10 minutes of device provisioning I encountered an error with Foutcode CS9910.

After doing some searching in the forums, this seemed to be related to my Connectbox Giga being set to modem mode and my Orbi acting as router. This configuration theoretically should be supported, but it appears that my IPv6 to IPv4 tunnel settings were not allowing for the Mediabox Mini hardware to correctly determine it was on a Ziggo network.

To workaround this, I changed the Connectbox back to Router mode and switched the Orbi into Access Point mode. After applying these changes I was able to get the Mediabox Mini working.

Unfortunately switching the Orbi into AP mode means that many of the advanced features are not functional. As such I would like to find a configuration where I can enable IPv6 on the Connectbox Giga in modem mode. With the Connectbox previously set to modem mode, there was no native IPv6 support and only v6tov4 tunneling was possible. I have not been able to find a way to enable IPv6 support on the Connectbox Giga administration pages. Is this something that need to be done via Ziggo administrators? 

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Now that router mode is active on the modem, does the Admin, Info page display both IPv4 and IPv6 WAN addresses, with Dual-Stack Lite disabled?

If not, the modem must be reprovisioned with a Full Dual-Stack IP configuration by a moderator, which will be available to the router when using bridge mode.

Bekijk in context

3 Reacties 3
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Now that router mode is active on the modem, does the Admin, Info page display both IPv4 and IPv6 WAN addresses, with Dual-Stack Lite disabled?

If not, the modem must be reprovisioned with a Full Dual-Stack IP configuration by a moderator, which will be available to the router when using bridge mode.

DigitalIdentity
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

After a call to Ziggo Zakelijk customer service the agent was able to make some changes to enable IPv6. Once this was done and I was able to change the Connectbox Giga to modem setting and then set the Orbi into router mode. Once this was done, the Orbi was able to obtain an IPv6 address via DHCP. Once this was done the issue with the Mediabox Next Mini was resolved and I now have it working again. 

However, there is no apparent difference from the Information page as nothing clearly indicates that IPv6 and IPv4 are both enabled. But this configuration is working and has excellent scores from IPv6 test.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Glad to read that.

The Admin, Info only displays IPv4 (and IPv6) addresses if router mode is enabled. In bridge mode, these are obtained by the external router instead of the modem's eRouter, hence they are not displayed in the web interface.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic