Reacties
Louac

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

DNS issue caused by IPv6

Hi,

I Cant connect to a lot of websites because of DNS issue caused by IPv6. 

Could you disable my IPv6 ? Or is there another solution ? 

Thx for your help

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

Good afternoon and a warm welcome to our Community,

I understand that you would like the modemprofile to be changed to IPV4 only to resolve the DNS issue's you currently have with your IPV6 Lite address.In regards to your question I've send a request to change your modemprofile to IPV4 only. This will be applied to your modem within 24 hours. After the change you should be able to use the advanced routersettings on the modem and be able to reach the DNS sites.

Bekijk in context

10 Reacties 10
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

This is a customer help customer forum where Ziggo moderators/employees, they have Ziggo in front of their name, usually drop by in every topic within one working day.

Maybe today in this case.

Make sure that your zip code and house number are in your Ziggo community profile, they cannot be seen publicly, so the correct information can be obtained immediately.

After clicking on the link below, scroll down on the next page: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

Good afternoon and a warm welcome to our Community,

I understand that you would like the modemprofile to be changed to IPV4 only to resolve the DNS issue's you currently have with your IPV6 Lite address.In regards to your question I've send a request to change your modemprofile to IPV4 only. This will be applied to your modem within 24 hours. After the change you should be able to use the advanced routersettings on the modem and be able to reach the DNS sites.

Louac
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi,

Thx for taking of that quickly. I'll check tomorrow then. Is a modem reboot necessary ?

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@Louac You're welcome! In most cases a modemreboot isn't necessary, only when it doesn't work after the 24 hours have passed. 

GamErik

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Waar moet ik de aanvraag doen om mijn ipv6 uit te schakelen ?

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@GamErik Dat heb je hier met je bericht gedaan.

Dit is een klant helpt klant forum waar Ziggo moderators/medewerkers, zij hebben Ziggo voor hun naam staan, meestal binnen een werkdag (ma-vr) langskomen in ieder topic.

Zorg dat je postcode en huisnummer in je Ziggo community profiel staan, deze zijn niet openbaar te zien, dan kunnen gelijk de juiste gegevens erbij gepakt worden.
Na klik op onderstaande link, op de volgende pagina naar beneden scrollen:
https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Maar meestal kan dit ook via de chat: 

De Chatbox (24 uur per dag/365 dagen per jaar te gebruiken) komt rechtsonder in het scherm op onderstaande pagina tevoorschijn, zodra er iemand beschikbaar is.
Https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/contact/chatonly

GamErik

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

De info staat in mijn profiel dus zou bij jullie bekent moeten zijn , maar nogsteeds ervaar ik problemen met ipv6 of moet ik dan 24 uur wachten eerdat het goed ingesteld staat  

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@GamErik Je schrijf jullie.

Dit is een klant helpt klant forum waar Ziggo moderators/medewerkers, zij hebben Ziggo voor hun naam staan, meestal binnen een werkdag (ma-vr) langskomen in ieder topic.

Ik weet niet wat je met de chat besproken hebt en/of je de chat hebt gesproken?

Zo nee, laat het hier weten.

Zo ja, meestal duurt het tot 24 uur voordat het modem over is op IPv4 only.

Is dat na 24 uur nog niet gebeurd, haal dan het modem 30 seconden van de stroom.

Is er daarna nog geen IPv4 only, laat het hier weten.

GamErik

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Het is inmiddels geregeld , ik heb via de chat gedaan omdat ik ook nog een ander probleem ervaarde 

Meindert
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1437Posts
  • 217Oplossingen
  • 585Likes

Goedemiddag @GamErik , sorry voor mijn latere reactie. Fijn dat het inmiddels al is geregeld via onze chat 🙂 
Wanneer je in de toekomst weer de hulp kunt gebruiken van onze Community, dan weet je waar je ons kunt vinden. 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic