Reacties
flyingduck00

Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Converting my connection to IPv4 only

Hello dear Ziggo Support,

Could you please update my internet connection to have IPv4 only. I hope my subscription details are reachable from my e-mail address.

Thanks in advance,

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Changing the DHCPv6 server operation mode to stateful might have a positive effect. This mode sets the M (managed) flag on the DHCPv6 server, which instructs clients to request an IPv6 address directly from the server, instead of having clients use the advertised prefix to construct an address (SLAAC).

Bekijk in context

5 Reacties 5
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

IPv4 Only provisioning was exclusive to former UPC areas and is no longer available.

As of June 2022, the fZiggo and fUPC provisioning backends are consolidated and Full Dual-Stack is available to all customers. Remaining modems with IPv4 Only and Dual-Stack Lite eRouter configurations are gradually being migrated to FDS. Modems newly installed after June 2022 obtain this configuration by default.

Please describe the problem you are encountering, if applicable.

Dual-Stack Lite (CGNAT, 213.127.0.0/17) can be converted to Full Dual-Stack on request, as mentioned by Bert. You may use this site to look up your public IPv4 address.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Nobody can get IPv4 only at Ziggo anymore.

Everyone gets Full Dual Stack, a unique IPv4 address with an IPv6 address.

If your current IPv4 address does not start with 213.127.XXX.XXX you already have Full Dual Stack.

If it start with 213.127 let it know here, then a Ziggo moderator can let it change for you.

flyingduck00
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry to hear it is not possible anymore. My use case involves some plugins/integrations in Home Assistant that are using the IPv6 addresses instead of v4 one and they fail. I will try to configure/fix them one by one if I can.

All the best.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Changing the DHCPv6 server operation mode to stateful might have a positive effect. This mode sets the M (managed) flag on the DHCPv6 server, which instructs clients to request an IPv6 address directly from the server, instead of having clients use the advertised prefix to construct an address (SLAAC).

flyingduck00
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks for the idea. I will report back if I can find a way.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic