Reageer en help mee
sannie4u

Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Changing ports for Playstation/Activision games optimisation

Hi all,
My CoD Activision game for Ps4 has connection issues. Tried everything. In the end the advice was to change the ports for better connection to the CoD server. Below the ones proposed.
I am wondering what this change in ports does to all other setting Ziggo, and connection to digital TV and other external hardware connected?
Thanks for your feedback!
Sandor

PLATFORM TCP UDP
PlayStation  1935, 3478-3480     3074, 3075, 3076, 3077, 3078, 3079

20 Reacties 20
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

These ports are used for outbound connections from the PS4 to the respective servers and cannot be changed.

Could you describe what kind of connection issues you experience? Any error message(s)?

Could you post the first half of your public IPv4 address? This is to determine whether Dual-Stack Lite (CGNAT) is being used by the router.

Assuming you are using a Connectbox or SmartWifi modem, could you adjust the firewall settings for IPv4 and (if available) IPv6, disabling all options except 'Firewall security'? See the Advanced settings, Security, Firewall page after logging in to the web interface at 192.168.178.1.

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Tobias, thanks for feedback.

1st half of IPv4 is  83.83

Will follow-up on other advice!

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

The IPv4 address indicates Full Dual-Stack is in use, which is good.

Another question: is the PS4 connected directly to the modem or are you using a separate network device, such as a router, switch or access point, in addition to the modem?

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

It is directly connected to the modem

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Still wondering if you see any error messages?

For testing purposes, you could configure the PS4 as a DMZ host within the eRouter configuration by entering its IPv4 address on the Advanced settings, Security, DMZ page, if altering the firewall settings as described in my first reply has no effect. This will create a separate NAT configuration for the PS4, exposing it directly to the internet.

S4R

Level 16
  • 2032Posts
  • 71Oplossingen
  • 1270Likes

I have a PS4 and PS5 and had never ever open any ports for any game (including COD)

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I have played CoD games over the last 15 years and never had any issues aswell. Indeed first time server connection issue...

Find below what I have done already:

And pls find a short video showing the connection issue display.

I have:
-cleared the PS cache
-rebuild the PS database
-restore licenses
-reinstalled the game (Modern Warfare II)
-linked my PS4 account with the battle.net account
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

I think you linked an incorrect video. I watched the other video posted to your channel ('COD Cold War connection issues PS4 video'), which shows continuous loading without an error message.

Have you tried updating the modem's firewall settings yet?

Gio2903

Level 17
  • 3124Posts
  • 160Oplossingen
  • 2219Likes

i always had NAT-type moderated on ps3/ps4/ps5. what i've done:

in the first picture you look-up the ip of your console, you have to turn it on to see it in the list.

Naamloos2.png

as you can see i have a router, my ps5 is connected to the router with a cat6 ethernet cable. you have to choose the ip of your console.

this are all the ports i've opened:

naamloos.png

this is the website to go to your modem settings: http://192.168.178.1/

after this steps my nat status on all cod games on ps4 is open and this have to solve the problems

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

It's the correct one, I do not get an error message, it just tries to connect forever and ever. 🙂

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

@Gio2903 Configuring the PS as a DMZ host will have the same effect (1:1 NAT), no need to manually set up port forwarding rules for all internal/external ports.

Having the PS create rules for the required ports using UPnP is another option, albeit less reliable.

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

@tobiastheebe oeps you're right, wrong one..

It is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDBTHlzE6Hc

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Please see my previous replies.

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

@tobiastheebe checked the settings, and indeed for IPv4 and (if available) IPv6 all options except 'Firewall security' were disabled.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

In that case, you could set up the PS4's IP address as a DMZ host. Afterwards, I recommend rebooting both the modem and the PS4 to ensure that the setting is applied correctly.

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

@tobiastheebe on the DMZ page, not sure what to do? DMZ address should be opted-in? Which numbers should I add at the end?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Copy the last octet (number) of the PS4's IP address, as displayed on the Connected devices page, to the input on the DMZ page.

sannie4u
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

If I look a the the list of connected devices.. it is a mess... phones, computers, but can't identify the PS4. Maybe 'unknown''? Any idea?

sannie4u_0-1675887782572.png

Btw, if I look at the Port forwarding page, nothing is shown there. Is that right?

sannie4u_1-1675887999104.png

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31057Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

The PS4 is not listed by that screenshot. The IP address is displayed on the Settings, Network, View Connection Status page within the PS4's menu.

No port forwarding rules is probably the result of UPnP being disabled, preventing the PS4 from requesting rules to be created. If the DMZ setting has the desired effect, you may re-enable UPnP (assuming it is now disabled) and verify whether port forwarding rules (to the PS4's IP address) are being created.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic