nikolasideris

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Change from 5 GHz to 2.4 Ghz with the white modem. How?

Hello,

I'm sorry but I don't speak Dutch.

I bought a connection with ziggo and for my own reasons I need to change the modem settings to ONLY 2.4 Ghz, and not 5 Ghz (yes I know it will be slower and I don't mind).

The problem is that according to ziggo, and their instructions, and their team, I have to go to my ziggo (smartwifi) and change it from there. But whenver I get there I get an error message (data-error), or an error code of 40903 (I think or 40309). 

Why do you think this is happening? This is happening both connected on the modem, or connected to a different wifi. 

Please help.

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

You can also log in to your modem: http://192.168.178.1/

Turn off the SmartWifi optimization in the wireless settings and you can change your wireless settings as desired.

Bekijk in context

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@rverlor "Wat is SmartWifi?"

Bij Ziggo wordt met SmartWifi bedoelt: een mesh systeem waarbij het mesh systeem de apparaten verdeeld over de wifipunten, om een zo stabiel mogelijke wifiverbinding te hebben in heel je huis.

Hier heb ik, sinds Ziggo SmartWifi beschikbaar heeft, dat is hier bijna 3 jaar, geen netwerkkabel meer nodig gehad, zoals eerder, voor lange Teams en Teamviewer sessies en kan ik met de laptop van voor in het huis tot achter in de tuin en op de hele bovenverdieping gaan zitten en heb overal een stabiele wifiverbinding zonder haperingen en/of uitval.

Bekijk in context

Uitgelicht
nikolasideris
topicstarter
Level 2
  • 3Reacties
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I did it! I had to hit "apply" and then reload the page, in order to change the fequency. Many many thanks! ^_^

7 Reacties 7
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

You can also log in to your modem: http://192.168.178.1/

Turn off the SmartWifi optimization in the wireless settings and you can change your wireless settings as desired.

nikolasideris
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Bart,

This was the first thing I did, but it doesn't work. I can change the wifi channel, but NOT the frequency. I can attach a photo, if need be. 

I'm lost, but thank you very much for your help.

nikolasideris
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I did it! I had to hit "apply" and then reload the page, in order to change the fequency. Many many thanks! ^_^

rverlor

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Wat is SmartWifi?

Steefb

Level 20
  • 15868Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7264Likes

@rverlor  schreef:

Wat is SmartWifi?

ziggo smart wifi - Google Zoeken

S4R

Level 16
  • 2035Posts
  • 71Oplossingen
  • 1271Likes

@rverlor  schreef:

Wat is SmartWifi?

Een toverwoord. Want er is niks Smart aan WiFi.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@rverlor "Wat is SmartWifi?"

Bij Ziggo wordt met SmartWifi bedoelt: een mesh systeem waarbij het mesh systeem de apparaten verdeeld over de wifipunten, om een zo stabiel mogelijke wifiverbinding te hebben in heel je huis.

Hier heb ik, sinds Ziggo SmartWifi beschikbaar heeft, dat is hier bijna 3 jaar, geen netwerkkabel meer nodig gehad, zoals eerder, voor lange Teams en Teamviewer sessies en kan ik met de laptop van voor in het huis tot achter in de tuin en op de hele bovenverdieping gaan zitten en heb overal een stabiele wifiverbinding zonder haperingen en/of uitval.

Uitgelicht topic