Vraag
Reacties
Jane1

Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Can't access btinternet email

Hi - I have to do this in English.  Suddenly, from this morning, I have been unable to access my btinternet email.  its been working fine all the weeks I've been in Amsterdam and now I get the BT maintenance page and a message saying I can't access.  I can get at it via my neighbour's KPN Wifi so its Ziggo thats the problem, but the helpdesk can't come up with anything.  Any ideas?  I've tried deleting cookies and caches and makes no difference.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Jane1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi.  The bizarre thing was that 2 days later it came back. No explanation.  I figure they did an update on Saturday night that messed it up and then fixed it.   

Bekijk in context

10 Reacties 10
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The login page is reachable without any problems from my Ziggo connection.

home.bt.com_login_loginform.pnghome.bt.com_login_loginform_TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femaillogin.png

Since you are located in Amsterdam, a former UPC area, DS-Lite might be causing this problem.

When you Google 'my ip address', does the IP address start with 213.127?

Alternatively, instead of using webmail, you could access your mailbox using IMAP/POP3 and SMTP within your preferred email application. I attached a PDF with setup instructions to this message, in case BT's website itself is unreachable also.

Jane1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi.  Login page is OK, but when I put my user name and pw in thats when I get the maintenance page.  

More information than I can cope with when Googling my IP address, but seems to boil down to the following, so yes ....

ASNAS33915 - Vodafone Libertel B.V.
Hostnameip-213-127-4-122.ip.prioritytelecom.net
Range213.127.0.0/17
CompanyZiggo Services B.V.
Jane1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

DS Lite?  Nintendo?

Richard G.

Level 16
  • 1688Posts
  • 84Oplossingen
  • 857Likes

So you send mail via your Nintendo then?

If you seriously want to be helped, it might be better to give answers to the questions @tobiastheebe asks.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

DS-Lite is commonly used in former UPC areas (like Amsterdam) to enable routers to access IPv4 internet resources. I will not be going into great depth on this subject since it is outside the scope of this topic.

Jane1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I Googled DS Lite and only Nintendo came up.  Its very odd that it just stopped working.   I will look at the instructions.    Thanks for that, but I'm already using web mail.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

I proposed not using webmail as an alternative solution, however this might not work either since BT's mail server is reachable through IPv4 only, just like webmail. Therefore, it is quite important to establish which type of connection you are using, this can be determined by looking up the IPv4 address.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

I just came across this topic again.

While I do not know whether you are still experiencing the webmail inaccessibility problem, I noticed that you updated your reply to my question about the IP address. Since the router which you are connected to uses DS-Lite (213.127.0.0/17) like I predicted, switching to IPv4 Only may resolve the problem. A community moderator can arrange this.

Jane1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi.  The bizarre thing was that 2 days later it came back. No explanation.  I figure they did an update on Saturday night that messed it up and then fixed it.   

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Glad to read that the problem appears to have been resolved.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic