Vraag
Reacties
N.A.

Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Overstapservice gaat niet goed - not cancellation with my previous provider

I saw this happened to more people. Here my story.

Gets subscription with Ziggo in October, selecting the option: "Should we arrange the transfer? Yes, please" and I indicate the provider (KPN) and the date (1st available on Ziggo calendar).

The Ziggo package arrives one month later (November) and at the same time I received a full month KPN invoice. I get in contact with Ziggo to ensure they have communicated properly my switch to KPN. Ziggo tell me to not worry as the previous provider is not immediately cut till they ensure I have full connection with Ziggo. They explain that KPN will probably send me a credit note for the extra charge.

I'm now in December, I have received AGAIN a full invoice for this month with KPN, so in total 104€ for 2 months that I have already been paying to Ziggo.

I contact again Ziggo and now they tell me that the transfer was not requested !!! And that in the confirmation I received the service is not described and that I have to do it myself.

So, to prove it I simulated I new order, selecting again that Ziggo communicates my switch to KPN and surprise! in the order description is not mentioned again. So how do you want me to prove it? And why would you offer that service and then not indicate it in the order and assume that's enough confirmation for the customer to do it themselves?
Who is going to pay me back those 104€? Plus the new month, as KPN has to be communicated with 2 weeks in advance...

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

@N.A. You're welcome! 

If the transfer will be done the 10th of January, should I stop using Ziggo connection and reconnect KPN again till the 10th?

Apart from that, is there anything else expected from my side?

No you can keep the devices connected to the Ziggo modem. But if you prefer to use the KPN connection up until the 10th, that's possible too. It depends on what is the most convenient for you.

Bekijk in context

9 Reacties 9
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

A Ziggo moderator will visit here shortly to look at your problem.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

Good afternoon @N.A. and a warm welcome to our Community,

I am sorry that things are not going well with KPN's transfer service (Overstapservice) to us! It's good that you've started a topic to make us aware of this. Can you provide both your postalcode an housenumber of the concerned address? You can add this information to your Community profile. This way we can check your details and investigate what's going on with the Overstapservice. 

N.A.
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi Paul, thanks for checking this point. I have just updated the information you have requested. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

N.A.
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

@Paul 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

@N.A. Thank you very much for updating your Community profile with both your postalcode and housenumber. I've directly checked the details of the Transfer Service (Overstapservice) from KPN to us. 
Apparently this did not go very well, so the KPN subscription was not cancelled. An internal work order with Case ID 43032914 has now been created to do this manually. After this has been done, we will look in to the double subscriptionscosts (KPN after transfer to us). We're very sorry for the inconvenience. 

N.A.
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi @Paul , I was wondering if there're any news about this. In the meantime I have received 2 mails:

- KPN telling me Ziggo has contacted them to cancel my subscription.

- Ziggo to tell me about the switch happening by the 10th of January and that they will send me the equipment.

I hope Ziggo's mail is just a generic one, as I don't need any equipment as my switch happened the 3rd of November. Also, what's going to happen with the 2 months and a half of duplicate with KPN?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Kr

Noa

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

@N.A. Due to our information KPN has confirmed the Overstap (Transfer) on the 10th of January 2023. So the Overstapservice has been approved. As soon as this has been arranged I will ask for a credit for the invoices you have received from us up untill the 10th of January 2023. 

N.A.
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks @Paul for your quick reply.

I have another question. If the transfer will be done the 10th of January, should I stop using Ziggo connection and reconnect KPN again till the 10th?

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19176Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7277Likes

@N.A. You're welcome! 

If the transfer will be done the 10th of January, should I stop using Ziggo connection and reconnect KPN again till the 10th?

No you can keep the devices connected to the Ziggo modem. But if you prefer to use the KPN connection up until the 10th, that's possible too. It depends on what is the most convenient for you.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic