Reacties
TBAUWENS

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Mistake from customer support

Hi @Ziggo,

I ordered a Ziggo contact for my new house because your website said the cable connection would be supported. When the modem arrived I tried to install it only to discover there was no green cable in the house. I called to ask what to do and was given the option of waiting for a technician to come out and install the green cable in the meterkast (about 2 weeks) or sending it back within the 14 days return policy. I opted to return it and was given instructions by you guys to do that. I was told the contract would be cancelled

I'm still being invoiced by you and when I called the customer service number I was told it is not possible to return it and cancel and I would have to pay a 1800e fine. Obviously I already took out a new contract with KPN in the meantime. I have asked to make an official complaint, but no one is getting in contact with me. 

I read the contract that was sent to me and indeed it states there is a minimum of 36 months on the contract, and that I would need to pay to get out early - BUT it also says I can call to ask about that. I did call, and WAS told to send it back under the 14 day returns policy. I understand the customer service rep made a mistake and thought I was a particulier not zaakelijk - but that's hardly my fault?

I can't afford two internet connections or a 1800 fine. This is unfair - please could you acknowledge this is your mistake not mine. No one would just send a modem back and order a new contract without checking first - and I did!

I have other contracts with you, for many years. I'm a good customer and this doesn't feel right.

Sincerely,

Tim

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
TBAUWENS
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I have now been contacted by the complaints department and the contract has been cancelled and the payments are to be refunded. It's unfortunate that the phone support representative handled the call so poorly to begin with - they should have escalated immediately instead of argue with me for 1,5 hours telling me over and over again to "read the contract" - but I'm glad this can finally be solved.

Bekijk in context

3 Reacties 3
Lycke
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 14026Posts
  • 1177Oplossingen
  • 6122Likes

Hey Tim. Welcome to our Community!

My oh my, what a difficult story it became. Mistakes has been made. The 14 days right of withdrawl is for private subscriptions only and not for business. But than again; you have been told there is. 
It's a difficult situation, but i'm sure we'll have a positive outcome. I these a case has been made, to the complaints department. They'll fix this with you. Normally they reach out to you within 10 days, but it may take a bit longer because of the holidays. 

TBAUWENS
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi @Lycke 

Thanks for getting back to me so fast! I have unmarked this as the solution because the complaints procedure is not yet complete. I've been waiting since 28/12, understandably the vacation period will have an effect, but if you don't mind, I'd like to keep this topic open until there is an outcome. 

TBAUWENS
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I have now been contacted by the complaints department and the contract has been cancelled and the payments are to be refunded. It's unfortunate that the phone support representative handled the call so poorly to begin with - they should have escalated immediately instead of argue with me for 1,5 hours telling me over and over again to "read the contract" - but I'm glad this can finally be solved.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic