GrachtNacht

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Can't get basic cable to function on new LG OLED 55 C8 PLA Smart TV

Equipment: LG OLED 55 C8 PLA Smart TV, Ziggo internet & cable, no cable box
TV can tune the digital channels correctly, but only NPO 1,2,3 show an image. The other channels can be found, but I see no error, "No CI Module".

I have set the Frequency and Network ID on Ziggo site, but this does not fix the issue.
6 Reacties 6
AlexHelpt

Level 16
  • 1536Posts
  • 249Oplossingen
  • 680Likes
I'm assuming you don't use a CI Module in your TV, right? Maybe you're using the wrong Network ID. You should set the Network ID to (0)4444 if you don't use a Mediabox or CI Module. Try that :slight_smile:
GrachtNacht
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi, thanks so much for your response. It's set to 4444 and 164000 for the other value, but unfortunately I still get the "No CI Module" error message. And correctly, there is no CI card or media box in the setup. Perhaps I need to rent the CI card.

H
AlexHelpt

Level 16
  • 1536Posts
  • 249Oplossingen
  • 680Likes
I've heard of these problems where LG TV's are unable to load the Free-to-cable channels with Network ID 4444. Sometimes doing a factory reset on the TV and installing the channels again seemed to work, but don't get your hopes up..

Alternatively, are you able to watch the Free-to-cable channels starting at 925?
Verwijderd account
Niet van toepassing
Sometimes choosing another country for instance Germany will do the job
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5146Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
What happens if you use 474000 and 4444?
Michael Z1
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2609Posts
  • 346Oplossingen
  • 522Likes
It's been a while since we've heard of you, GrachtNacht. Is everything alright now?

Uitgelicht topic