Beantwoord

Ziggo coax cable color

• 24 maart 2019
  • 3 Reacties
  • 305x Bekeken

Hi,
Sorry for speaking in English, but my Dutch is not so good yet.
I'm going to move in Amsterdam and in my new house there is only a grey coax cable. As I understood, for Ziggo there must be a green cable. I've checked also the meter locker and the grey cable is going into a box there, but no green cable though.
Do you know if Ziggo might work? I've already done the postcode check and there is coverage in that area, but not sure if it's going to work in my place.
Is there any way to find out?
Attached also some pics, fyg.
Thanks for assistance.

icon

Best beantwoord door Evert 24 maart 2019, 19:46

Hi,

The Ziggo cable is green indeed, but maybe your cable was too short so they (probably the previous residents) modified it?
Anyway, if you enter your zipcode on this page, you can check whether there's a cable from Ziggo or not. If not, you'll see this message:

Helaas, hier is nog geen Ziggo aansluiting

If there's a green cable, you'll see this:

Ja! Ziggo is beschikbaar

When you get the message that Ziggo is possible, there should be something like this in your house.

Regards,
Evert
Bekijk origineel

3 Reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hi,

The Ziggo cable is green indeed, but maybe your cable was too short so they (probably the previous residents) modified it?
Anyway, if you enter your zipcode on this page, you can check whether there's a cable from Ziggo or not. If not, you'll see this message:

Helaas, hier is nog geen Ziggo aansluiting

If there's a green cable, you'll see this:

Ja! Ziggo is beschikbaar

When you get the message that Ziggo is possible, there should be something like this in your house.

Regards,
Evert
Reputatie 7
Badge +19
Sometimes the cable is grey, but there must be an AOP placed on that cable.
Reputatie 7
... and if there's not, contact us. We'll send a mechanic to find the green cable (or verify that the grey cable is actually the correct one) and mount a proper AOP for you!

Reageer