Beantwoord

Router Internet restars every few minutes

• 22 juli 2019
  • 10 Reacties
  • 207x Bekeken

Hallo

I am a new ziggo customer. I received a subscription for Ziggo Internet from Friday 19/07/2019.

I have a problem with the wifi router. The Wi-Fi router resets every few minutes. (The Internet works, the color of the LED turns green in the Connect Box, the Internet stops working, and again after a few minutes work).
It's always like this.

Everything in the Connect Box configuration is correct. (unless the Internet does not work, then I can not log into the Connect box)

Customer service Ziggo says everything is fine in the system.

I'm starting to think, the router is broken. I see strange error codes in the online journal, but I do not know what that may mean.

Greeting for the ziggo community.
icon

Best beantwoord door Be rt 22 juli 2019, 16:20

"Does this mean I need to change my subscription to a lower Internet speed package?" wrote @SoOu

Certainly not, if it went better without a splitter, than that was the cause.
If things don't get better without a splitter, a free Ziggo mechanic will come to order everything.

How is your upstream now?
Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, stel dan je vraag in een nieuw topic.

10 Reacties

Fortunately, this is my last post on this topic, because my problem has been solved. :)

As you suspected @Be rt , something blocked the ziggo signal - it was the fault of the old socket. After replacing the old socket for a new one by the Ziggo technician, my Connect Box finally stopped restarting, the connection is stable and my internet is super fast!

I want to thank you very much @Be rt that you tried to help me.

You are THE BEST @Be rt , greetings!
😁

Reputatie 7
Badge +26

You are THE BEST @Be rt , greetings!
😁

Dat mag ook wel eens gezegd worden @Be rt
Reputatie 7
Badge +35
OK, let us know how it ends. Good luck.☺ With kind regards.
Reputatie 7
Badge +35
Nice that it has been solved.
I wish you lots of internet pleasure.☺
Reputatie 7
Badge +35
"Does this mean I need to change my subscription to a lower Internet speed package?" wrote @SoOu

Certainly not, if it went better without a splitter, than that was the cause.
If things don't get better without a splitter, a free Ziggo mechanic will come to order everything.

How is your upstream now?
Hi Bert,

Thank you for your involvement in my case. Removing the splitter from the socket helped a bit - now the router does not turn off all the time just every few hours. (today my router rebooted two times).

What I am thinking now - the problem is with a socket in my living room.

Apparently it is old and does not work good.

I reported the matter to ziggo on the chat - really friendly and professional service. I am waiting for a technician - I will let you know what happened.

:)

Reputatie 7
Badge +35
Can you place the full page from your downstream and upstream values with a screenshot?
Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?

https://community.ziggo.nl/deel-je-tip-91/waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaardes-van-mijn-modem-29212

And can you put a picture here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with possible splitters and amplifiers?
Hello Bert,

Thank you very much for your message and that you are trying to solve my problem. I'm sending a screenshot of all the things you asked about.

Ps. I have a 250 Mb / s subscription, the first day speedtest showed 216 Mb/ s and now 40 Mb/ s and it shows that IPv6 is unavailable.

I do not understand anything.

Reputatie 7
Badge +35
Your upstream is much to hi.
It must be below 49.
There is a blockage somewhere to reach the Ziggo servers.

Can you put the cable in without the splitter?
My upstream is much to high?
Why can not I use the internet speed from my contract? 250 MB / s - is it the fault of an old wall socket?

Does this mean I need to change my subscription to a lower Internet speed package?

Yes, it's possible to put cable in without the splitter.
(As you can see in the picture)