Reacties
SoOu

Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Router Internet restars every few minutes

Hallo

I am a new ziggo customer. I received a subscription for Ziggo Internet from Friday 19/07/2019.

I have a problem with the wifi router. The Wi-Fi router resets every few minutes. (The Internet works, the color of the LED turns green in the Connect Box, the Internet stops working, and again after a few minutes work).
It's always like this.

Everything in the Connect Box configuration is correct. (unless the Internet does not work, then I can not log into the Connect box)

Customer service Ziggo says everything is fine in the system.

I'm starting to think, the router is broken. I see strange error codes in the online journal, but I do not know what that may mean.

Greeting for the ziggo community.
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
"Does this mean I need to change my subscription to a lower Internet speed package?" wrote SoOu

Certainly not, if it went better without a splitter, than that was the cause.
If things don't get better without a splitter, a free Ziggo mechanic will come to order everything.

How is your upstream now?

Bekijk in context

10 Reacties 10
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
Can you place the full page from your downstream and upstream values with a screenshot?
Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?

https://community.ziggo.nl/deel-je-tip-91/waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaardes-van-mijn-modem-29212

And can you put a picture here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with possible splitters and amplifiers?
SoOu
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes
Hello Bert,

Thank you very much for your message and that you are trying to solve my problem. I'm sending a screenshot of all the things you asked about.

Ps. I have a 250 Mb / s subscription, the first day speedtest showed 216 Mb/ s and now 40 Mb/ s and it shows that IPv6 is unavailable.

I do not understand anything.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
Your upstream is much to hi.
It must be below 49.
There is a blockage somewhere to reach the Ziggo servers.

Can you put the cable in without the splitter?
SoOu
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes
My upstream is much to high?
Why can not I use the internet speed from my contract? 250 MB / s - is it the fault of an old wall socket?

Does this mean I need to change my subscription to a lower Internet speed package?

Yes, it's possible to put cable in without the splitter.
(As you can see in the picture)

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
"Does this mean I need to change my subscription to a lower Internet speed package?" wrote SoOu

Certainly not, if it went better without a splitter, than that was the cause.
If things don't get better without a splitter, a free Ziggo mechanic will come to order everything.

How is your upstream now?
SoOu
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes
Hi Bert,

Thank you for your involvement in my case. Removing the splitter from the socket helped a bit - now the router does not turn off all the time just every few hours. (today my router rebooted two times).

What I am thinking now - the problem is with a socket in my living room.

Apparently it is old and does not work good.

I reported the matter to ziggo on the chat - really friendly and professional service. I am waiting for a technician - I will let you know what happened.

🙂
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
OK, let us know how it ends. Good luck.:relaxed: With kind regards.
SoOu
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes
Fortunately, this is my last post on this topic, because my problem has been solved. 🙂

As you suspected Be rt , something blocked the ziggo signal - it was the fault of the old socket. After replacing the old socket for a new one by the Ziggo technician, my Connect Box finally stopped restarting, the connection is stable and my internet is super fast!

I want to thank you very much Be rt that you tried to help me.

You are THE BEST Be rt , greetings!
:grin:

Jan F.

Level 20
  • 17046Posts
  • 1330Oplossingen
  • 2617Likes
SoOu wrote:

You are THE BEST Be rt , greetings!
:grin:

Dat mag ook wel eens gezegd worden Be rt
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
Nice that it has been solved.
I wish you lots of internet pleasure.:relaxed:
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic