Santiago

Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Internet connection unstable

Hi,

For the past month my internet has been pretty unstable. We are 2 people working from home and every day 4/5 times a day we are been disconnected. 

We have been working from home for over 7 months now and only in the past month this has happened.

I also tried to log in to my wifi modem, so I can post the up and downstream values ​​and network history of my modem. But I get an error saying that the password I entered is incorrect. Which is weird because I am putting the password shown in the device.

Did someone had a similar problem?

Regards,

Santiago

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

@Henno below you will find a few more pictures. I dont know why I have connected like that, I remember when I first connected the modem we did not have internet at all. So we called Ziggo and a guy came and fixed it. He told me something like, the cables were wrong connected from the outside, not sure if he meant this that I am showing or from in front of the building because he also checked there.

To access the modem I am using that password that you are mentioning but it still not working, I am attaching also a photo of the password I am using.

Bekijk in context

14 Reacties 14
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Which type of modem are you using? Has logging into the modem worked before?

In addition to your modem’s downstream/upstream info and history log, I would like to take a look at your AOP (main coax wall outlet), splitter(s) and cables, and home amplifier (if applicable).

Henno

Level 17
  • 2620Posts
  • 79Oplossingen
  • 730Likes

@Santiago “n addition to your modem’s downstream/upstream info and history log”

In Dutch:

https://community.ziggo.nl/deel-je-tips-en-suggesties-91/waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaarden-van... 

Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi @Henno, yes I followed that exact post that un shared to try to connect but I could not. I believe I have a Connect Box (see attached photo). 

@tobiastheebe I changed the password of the wifi, but i believe I never try to access to the modem before. I am using the password shown in the modem under the paragraph “to access the settings page http://192.168.178.1”

Can I share the password with you?

I have attached some photos of what I believe you are asking. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Henno

Level 17
  • 2620Posts
  • 79Oplossingen
  • 730Likes

On the most left picture I see a Coax coming in, how is that connected to the Connectbox on the 3rd pic? Is the Connectbox connected to the KPN wiring? Why?

The password with access to the modem is written on the small card that's stuck in the bottom of the modem.

Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

@Henno below you will find a few more pictures. I dont know why I have connected like that, I remember when I first connected the modem we did not have internet at all. So we called Ziggo and a guy came and fixed it. He told me something like, the cables were wrong connected from the outside, not sure if he meant this that I am showing or from in front of the building because he also checked there.

To access the modem I am using that password that you are mentioning but it still not working, I am attaching also a photo of the password I am using.

Henno

Level 17
  • 2620Posts
  • 79Oplossingen
  • 730Likes

@SantiagoI advice you to take down the password pic, It can be used bij hackers.

I am right to assume that you live upstairs, where the modem currently is and that the cupboard with the fuse box and the incoming coax is downstairs?

From a installation point of view your modem should be as close to the entrance of the coax into the building: ie the fuse box cupboard. From there you should cable with UTP and / or use WiFi.

That aside you should be able to logon to the Connectbox. Do you have a router yourself?

Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

@Henno not sure how to delete the comment or the photo. Could you help me

Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

@Henno I live upstairs and according to what the guy said when he came to fix it, yes the upboard with the fuse box and the incoming coax is downstairs.

The modem is in the kitchen, since we work there, we put it as close to the computers. Although the appartment aint that big so the whole place in near.

I just have the connect box, nothing else. Not sure why I cannot access it.

Henno

Level 17
  • 2620Posts
  • 79Oplossingen
  • 730Likes

@Be rt weet jij hoe de foto met de modem gegevens uit het topic te halen?

Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

@Henno i do not see the photo anymore, do you?

Henno

Level 17
  • 2620Posts
  • 79Oplossingen
  • 730Likes

Yep it's gone.

Henno

Level 17
  • 2620Posts
  • 79Oplossingen
  • 730Likes

Do you get a logon page when you go to Connect Box?

Santiago
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Yes i get until the part that says enter password. I enter the password but it says it is incorrect.

Lycke
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 14027Posts
  • 1177Oplossingen
  • 6122Likes

Have you reset your modem already? You can do this by pressing the reset button for about 30 seconds, until te modem restarts itself completely. Than wait for a couple of minutes and try to connect and login to the modem again. 
Will you keep us updated? 🙂 

Uitgelicht topic