abhzm

Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Connectbox Activation

Hello, 

I am sorry I'm writing in English, my Dutch is not that good.

I've been a customer with Ziggo for more than six years and I've been very happy with their Internet, so I thought to myself why don't I order a higher speed (that is also cheaper)  and this was my biggest mistake.

I received the new connect box two days after. And For 3 weeks I have been waiting for “manual activation” and the connect box is still not activated.

And for 4 days now, even the old cisco modem is not working anymore. I missed very important deadlines and uploads at work because of this.

The connect box seems to be online, all the lights are functional. But when I try to browse, it takes me to activation page, and when I press activate, it gives “proxy error 502”.

What  is frustrating is that every time  I call customer service they tell me the problem is with another department, that I absolutely cannot contact this department, and  to just wait, because it can be solved any minute!

My question is: Is this usual? How difficult is it to activate a new modem?

13 Reacties 13
efok

Level 17
  • 4014Posts
  • 219Oplossingen
  • 1594Likes

This is unusual. I hope a Ziggo moderator on this forum can help you out. 
@Be rt kun jij iemand aan zijn jas trekken?

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21926Likes

Iemand anders had het al bij de moderators weggelegd.

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8055Posts
  • 2393Oplossingen
  • 3927Likes

Hi @abhzm 
Welcome to the Ziggo Community. 

English is fine! Please don't mind the typo's, haha. An upgrade of your subscription should never be the biggest mistake. I can imagine this feeling, because a lot went wrong. First of all your new modem (Connectbox) was not activated because the activation rule was crashed. Thereafter, we need to wait for a manual activation. Unfortunately this takes a while lately.. 

In the meantime your internet was working via your old modem (Cisco). After a call with one of my colleagues they processed an admin swap in our system to your old modem. This action no longer activates the new modem at all. To be fair, this was a stupid shot of my colleague. Currently your old Cisco modem isn't working because also the admin swap is been crashed. 

First of all. I'm sorry that all this happened. I escalated all of the above and made the request to fix the crashed rule and to activate the right modem (Connectbox). When I have an update, I will let you know. 

abhzm
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hello @Cecilia Ziggo ,

Thank you for your response.

I understand this is unfortunate and unusual, my only frustration is that no one seems to be able to do something about it. And the only advice I get is just wait.

I very much appreciate your explanation, and your attempt to escalate the process. I hope it will be successful and all can be resolved today before the weekend.

Looking forward to your update.

abhzm
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Connectbox still not activated, today is the 6th day without internet, and still no updates...

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8055Posts
  • 2393Oplossingen
  • 3927Likes

Unfortunately I still didn't get an update @abhzm. The last update is from last Friday that the crashed rule is been escalated to the provisioning department. Weekends they are not available, so I send them this morning a reply to get an update. When I have more information, I will send you a message. Know that I don't forget you and I do everything to solve this for you! 

abhzm
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you @Cecilia Ziggo , I appreciate it.

Please give me some good news today.

I saw on mijn ziggo the modem changed to Connectbox, and the connect box now shows flashing green lights, but the internet is not working yet.

So I assume something is being done, I am not sure if it is finished yet.

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8055Posts
  • 2393Oplossingen
  • 3927Likes

Hi @abhzm 
My colleague from the provisioning department is working on it. Like I mentioned before another colleague swapped the Connectbox to your old Cisco modem. This is now been fixed, but there is still a crashed rule. That's why you see the serial number of the correct modem in My Ziggo, but through the crashed rule it's not working yet. So we are working on it, but it's really complex. Today my colleague of the provisioning department has a day off. I send him an e-mail this morning, so he will look into it again tomorrow. 

P.s. I saw that you also called several times to the Customer Service. I understand it, because you want to fix it as soon as possible. Would you please only contact us by this channel? I wan to prevent things from running past each other. 

abhzm
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi @Cecilia Ziggo ,

As per your request I have not contacted costumer service today.

But I would like to know if there are updates.

Please understand the urgency as it has been a whole week without internet, and 3 weeks since the activation issue started.

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8055Posts
  • 2393Oplossingen
  • 3927Likes

Hi @abhzm 
Yesterday I had a day off. My colleague of the provisioning department send me an e-mail after his shift yesterday. Unfortunately it's so complex he could not fix it yesterday. Today they will continue to see if he can find a solution. He was very sorry that he couldn't fixed it yesterday. It's so complex because earlier other actions of my colleagues (like swapping your modem to your old modem) made the problem worse. That's the reason why I requested you to only contact us via this channel. I want to prevent that other actions are killing the actions of my colleague of the provisioning department. Hopefully you understand. 

When I get an update, you are the first person to know! 

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8055Posts
  • 2393Oplossingen
  • 3927Likes

Good news @abhzm 
My colleague of the provisioning department just send me an update that the problem is been fixed. Your Connectbox and internet must work right now. If not, please try to connect the modem and give the modem a reset. Can you let me know if everything is working correctly?

abhzm
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Yes, it’s working!

Thank you @Cecilia Ziggo , just please make sure no further actions are taken.

I very much appreciate your help, and I hope no one else goes through this ordeal. 

Cecilia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8055Posts
  • 2393Oplossingen
  • 3927Likes

You are welcome @abhzm 
I'm happy to read that everything is working right now. Thankyou for this update. 

Uitgelicht topic