Yunus

Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Poor Customer Experience

It is really unfortunate that I cannot get help from Ziggo as I am not fluent in Dutch. I visited one Ziggo office, I have been asked to talk with your call center. I called twice today. At first, when I start talking connection has been dropped. At second, I started to explain my problem. He said he cannot speak English but he will try to help.  Unfortunately he could not, he kept on saying the same thing again and again without listening the question. What is worse, he has not bothered to hang up!

I would like to know if it is a company policy not to help customer and hang up calls while a customer is trying to explain the problem?

This is really unfortunate!

13 Reacties 13
hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

This is not what it should be. No discussion about this.

The first sensible thing I can do to help you is give a call to a Ziggo Moderator for an explanation. Do you want me to do this?

Maybe there’s more other customers, like me, can help you with. What is the technical/practical problem with your Ziggo connection, you want to be solved?

Yunus
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I am trying to get help up my contract terms and conditions. What happens if I move to a different house, if I can return my MediaBox and have a proper router, or is it OK if I buy a proper router by myself etc….

None of them are important for me. I have one important question: “Is this a company policy not to help customers”

For my personal questions, I’ve already sent an email directly to the CEO of Ziggo. I am sure he can find someone to help me on them. If it is a company policy, I can also ask him to reconsider this policy in my next email to him!

hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

Generally spoken. When you move to elswhere, you can move your contract with Ziggo and equipment too and everything will function as it is.  So you’d better not Cancel your Ziggo contract. That can give complications.
There can be some minor nasty details, that depend on the city/region you live in now and the city/region where you want to move to. Without details about locations, I can tell you nothing particular about this.

Since I don’t know anything yet about your current network setup I can’t give a detailed answer about this remark:

if I can return my MediaBox and have a proper router, or is it OK if I buy a proper router by myself etc….

With Ziggo you can always use the Ziggo Modem/Router in so-called Bridge Mode and manage your network with a Router of your choice. Whenever you move to another house or not.

Sofar, my reaction. Please let me know your feelings about it.

Note: I think that your letter to the CEO of Ziggo, may have a disappointing result for most issues you’re trying to cope with.

Yunus
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks for your willingness to help. This is why I need someone who can access my data. 

Talking about technical challenges. 

As you know, MediaBox claims that it suppots both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz access points. Unfortunately if you enable both and have more than 2 devices connected to same channel, entire wireless access point goes down. Especailly 5Ghz is not very stable, chip causes a complete reboot. 

It started to happen after I upgrade my connectivity to 500Mbit download. It is impossible to see more than 400Mbit download through WiFi. If I connect via cable, it is pretty stable and I can experience almost 500Mbit. The bottleneck is at Wifi in my case, not at coaxial cable or their cable internet.

If I enable remote logging on the device, it does not tell much about root cause. But the crash is consistent, MediaBox cannot handle 500Mbit download, full stop. I can use MediaBox as a modem and buy a WiFi router by myself. It would be an overkill though. Better is having my own modem with Gigabit capability and use it with a proper WiFi router. 

What do I need to return my MediaBox if Ziggo can provide a modem with/without Wifi? Do I need to pay 50 euro just someone to tell me what I know already?

Is it allowed to remove MediaBox from the picture completely? What kind of authentication currently in place on Ziggo network? Will it be enough having EURODOCSIS and DOCSIS compatible modem? Are they compliant with 3.0? Then the authentication usually occurs over the wire through port authentication and modem's MAC. Do they also exchange a certificate as a third layer? If yes, do they use private or public CA to host PKI authority? Can I get my own certificate issued by their CA?

To be honest. I don't want to discover this by myself. I want to be a standard user who access Internet through Wifi 🙂

Again, my main question still remains.

Is it a company policy not to help customers? 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@Yunus “Is it a company policy not to help customers? “

No this is not what I experience as long as Ziggo exists en what I read on this forum.
I think Murphy is awake again.

If you have a Mediabox XL and the WiFi is not working properly, you can get a separate modem for free from Ziggo.
Modems other than those from Ziggo do not work on their coax network.

If you move, you have installation guarantee again and you can take all Ziggo things with you and connect them there.

This is a customer help customer forum, where Ziggo moderators come by every few business days in every topic, so that can take a few days.

You can contact Ziggo through the chat.
The chat box (to be used 24 hours a day / 365 days a year) is automatic placed in the middle of the screen or at the bottom right of the pages below, only if someone is available, sometimes wait a while.

https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/contact 

https://www.ziggo.nl/formulieren/contactformulier 

hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

Ok. I understand you use your Mediabox XL also for your Internet Connection.
This means that you live in former UPC region. It’s a kind of old fashioned solution. In former Ziggo region the MBXL is exclusively in use for watching TV. Internet is handled by a seperate Modem/Router.
This trick can also work for you. I don’t think it’s useful to spend time on trying to fix the Wifi problems you encounter.
So follow the advise of Bert above.
The MBXL stays for watching TV, since it’s part of your TV-contract. When you want to get rid of it, you have to change that.

The seperate Modem/Router you get is a Connectbox.
When you decide to use an own Router, the Connectbox can be put in Bridge Mode by Ziggo on request. After that you only use the Cable Modem in the box for the Internet Connection and Telephony as an option. Simply connect the WAN port of your Router to LAN 1 of the Connectbox and off you go.

It started to happen after I upgrade my connectivity to 500Mbit download. It is impossible to see more than 400Mbit download through WiFi. If I connect via cable, it is pretty stable and I can experience almost 500Mbit. The bottleneck is at Wifi in my case, not at coaxial cable or their cable internet.

In general you cannot expect a Wifi performance everywhere in the house that equals cabled speed with a 500/40 connection. I consider 400 Down as a nice result. The best performance you can get is with a 5 Ghz connection nearby the Access Point. It decreases when walking away from that Access Point. 2.4 Ghz is considerably slower, but has longer reach. Wifi performance is dependent of external factors and may need some finetuning to get the best of it. In my opinion it’s best to use cabled connections as much as possible for devices that are not mobile.

If you prefer a Gigabit Internet Connection, your region must be made ready for DOCSIS 3.1 as a replacement for the current DOCSIS 3.0. This is work in progress and has just been started. Utrecht and Hilversum are the first DOCSIS 3.1 ready cities, It can take some time before this possibility reaches you. Check: https://www.ziggo.nl/pakketten/ for the availability. Once you order a Giga contract you get another Modem/Router called Connectbox Giga, that is DOCSIS 3.1 capable.

Ronihd

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 8181Posts
  • 311Oplossingen
  • 3210Likes

Ik kan me wel voorstellen dat niet alle klantenservice medewerkers de Engelse taal machtig zijn en het daarom erg moeilijk is de klant goed te kunnen helpen.

Maar dat moet geen vrijbrief zijn om de verbinding te verbreken.

Zeker mensen van mijn generatie zullen de Engelse taal niet goed machtig zijn en eerlijk gezegd ik ook niet zeker niet met schrijven en als ik iets moet lezen en of schrijven in het Engels dan gebruik ik google translate.

Verstaan doe ik het wel goed , maar spreken minimaal en schrijven al helemaal niet.

I can imagine that not all customer service employees speak English and it is therefore very difficult to properly help the customer.

But that should not be a license to break the connection.

Certainly people of my generation will not be able to speak English well and to be honest I am not sure about writing and if I have to read or write something in English I use google translate.

Understandably I do well, but speak minimal and certainly do not write.

MaxH

Level 17
  • 2765Posts
  • 104Oplossingen
  • 774Likes
Ronihd wrote:

Ik kan me wel voorstellen dat niet alle klantenservice medewerkers de Engelse taal machtig zijn en het daarom erg moeilijk is de klant goed te kunnen helpen

Moet dat dan niet een aanname eis zijn/worden tegenwoordig? Wat is het minimale schoolniveau dan?

Yunus
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Let’s talk about how it should be:

Support:

• When I call the call center, I have no clue on menu items. There needs to be an option to hear menu items in English. 
  • There should be a separate queue in call center who can speak English and Dutch. If caller has chosen English Menu, you should route the call to this queue. If there is no customer for waiting for English, same call center queue can pick a call from Dutch queue. 
  • If you claim the calls are being recorded, then you should also check them if the call has been dropped by the agent. It already a flag in the database that is integrated with your IVR.

These three can be easily implemented as these are implemented for major companies. I am trying to learn Dutch, but I don’t want to wait until it reaches to a better level. I should be able to get support by myself. This is a country where most of the people can talk English and more languages. This is the first time, I talk/meet with someone who cannot speak English better than I do.

Sales:

• If you are selling an upgrade to someone, you should also check their devices. MediaBox does not support high speed connectivity with more than 2 devices. Then you should change it before customers complain about it. 
  • If you are selling broadband internet connectivity, you should also provide good enough quality devices to your customers. Personally, I worked for a broadband internet connectivity (with more than 18M subscribers). Providing connectivity is already dead end for business. You can increase your revenue only selling VAS (Value Added Services). If you cannot provide the basics (e.g. proper modem), how are you planning to sell value added services? 

Technical:

• Based on my chat through website, it is not allowed to use your own modem. Ziggo still need to control authentication. 
  • I know how Wifi works and its limitations. 5Ghz with a proper router, it is possible to reach more than 3Gbps easily (Wifi6 ax modems). With 2.4Ghz, it is also possible to reach more than 800Mbps. Let’s assume it is acceptable an ISP provides a modem&router which cannot handle more than 2 devices at a time. If it causes device to be crashed, that’s not acceptable. If device cannot handle more than N clients, connectivity should not be accepted. This is about quality of device. 

PS: I work for a multinational tech company (one of the big ones), I would be happy to provide consultancy to Ziggo if they really want to survive in this business. They just need to reach out our sales team! 

hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

Ok. Wish you luck on your mission.
You’re right in my opinion. Can’t be of any help with this.

Ronihd

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 8181Posts
  • 311Oplossingen
  • 3210Likes

@Yunus 

You are lucky that you get an English-speaking employee on the phone, it is not a must if you work with them.
I do understand that if you are in a country where the language is not your native language, you will try English, which is indeed the universal world language.

But you can't claim, we live in the Netherlands !!

But personally I think you need to speak and understand the language of the country where you live. (This is a very personal opinion)

If you mean the modem with mediabox, depending on your subscription, it can handle a certain speed and more broadband, which is a more expensive subscription, currently a maximum of 500 / 40Mbps.
More than enough to give multiple devices a high speed.

And no it is not allowed to be able to use your own modem, statements have been made in the Netherlands to be able to use your own modem, but that is "not yet" implemented and Ziggo is not in favor of that due to authorization and security problems.

I do not know from which country you come from but the WIFI speeds you mentioned are much higher than the maximum subscription that is offered so the comparison is completely wrong, okay it is possible but it is not nearly offered.
In the Netherlands, other techniques will also be used if you may be used to it.

Don't worry if Ziggo survives as a company, they have more than 3.2 million subscribers.

Completely against my principle translated into English using google translate.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

“If you are selling an upgrade to someone, you should also check their devices. MediaBox does not support high speed connectivity with more than 2 devices.”

I have never read this problem anywhere here on this forum, but the Mediabox XL may be defective.

Have you already asked Ziggo for a separate modem?
If not, ask them, your problem may have been solved.

You can contact Ziggo through the chat.
The chat box (to be used 24 hours a day / 365 days a year) is automatic placed in the middle of the screen or at the bottom right of the pages below, only if someone is available, sometimes wait a while.

https://www.ziggo.nl/klantenservice/contact 

https://www.ziggo.nl/formulieren/contactformulier 

Mark
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 5774Posts
  • 655Oplossingen
  • 1963Likes

Hi Yunus, your complaint (letter) has been received and our Complaints department tried calling you today to discuss all of your feedback. Unfortunately you must have been otherwise engaged, unable to answer the phone. They will call again tomorrow.

When you contact our customer service I'm afraid it's going to be a lottery whether your conversation partner is good at English or not. I see you've drawn the short straw so far. 

https://www.ziggo.nl/english

Uitgelicht topic