DPC1977

Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

New modem is not working, no connection to internet error

I got the ziggo modem today I connected it through a coaxial cable and the wifi and internet green line are solid green, I entered the network and password and it shows in my list of connected wifi networks (ipad).However when I enter a webpage name on the browser it says is not connected, Could you please help. Thanks

7 Reacties 7
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75178Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Can you place your downstream and upstream values from your modem with a screenshot and the latest date from the networklog?

Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?
https://community.ziggo.nl/deel-je-tip-91/waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaardes-van-mijn-modem-292...  

And can you put a picture here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with possible splitters and amplifiers?

Pasi

Level 18
  • 9855Posts
  • 493Oplossingen
  • 5477Likes
DPC1977
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Please see photos which indicate the status of the internet.Red letters written problems with broadband service and DS internet scanning.Thanks

efok

Level 17
  • 4014Posts
  • 219Oplossingen
  • 1594Likes

Your modem doesn’t properly connect to the Ziggo Network. It is scanning for a DownStream signal. Could you please answer the question from @Be rt and place a picture from the coax connection point. Maybe It is outdated.

DPC1977
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thank you for your feedback, please see the coax connection point

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75178Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@DPC1977 Is this the first place where Ziggo enters your home?

If so, can you try the connection without a splitter?

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

Hiya @DPC1977 , welcome here to the Community! 

How incredibly frustrating that after installment the internet and wifi aren't working properly! Thankfully you found the Community here and the experts here are very experienced in solving issues like these. Now let's make sure that you get to use your internet as you should be able to 😉 

@Be rt has already asked all the right questions in order to check why the downstream signal isn't being properly received and translated by the Ziggo modem. Have you been able to connect the coax cable directly into the main connection point (without the splitter)? And has that helped at all?

We're awaiting your reply 🙂 

Uitgelicht topic