AlexBC

Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Email spam

Just after xmas we started getting junk mail and now it has grown to a substantial amount each day 10 - 20. And most of them are from advertisers that ZIGGO has sold our details. How do I know this? 99% of the emails have Ziggo mentioned in the sent address. I have sent 2 email to Ziggo asking for help via the Physing department and have only gotten an instant reply and my dutch is not that good to understand it all however, the general point is that I have to take care of this problem myself. I am very angry and on the verge of contacting the media about this invasion of our privacy and the lack of help from Ziggo.

Can anyone out there help a technologically challenged elderly person to stop all this nonsense.

Thanks for listening

AlexBC

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Steefb

Level 20
  • 15868Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7264Likes

Almost anything in an Email can and wiil be “spoofed”(forged).  Spammers do that all the time.

Ziggo doesn't sell adresses and / or private details.

Watch out for where you post your email adres, and use a different one for not completely trusted platforms, and even that is not completely secure.

There is not very much you can do about spam, You will have to live with it.

But ziggo's spam filter is not the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spam

I'm just a Ziggo customer and don't work for Ziggo.

Bekijk in context

2 Reacties 2
Steefb

Level 20
  • 15868Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7264Likes

Almost anything in an Email can and wiil be “spoofed”(forged).  Spammers do that all the time.

Ziggo doesn't sell adresses and / or private details.

Watch out for where you post your email adres, and use a different one for not completely trusted platforms, and even that is not completely secure.

There is not very much you can do about spam, You will have to live with it.

But ziggo's spam filter is not the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spam

I'm just a Ziggo customer and don't work for Ziggo.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

The only way to do something about this is, is to drag or drop the spam mails via IMAP or the webmail to the spam folder, the spam filter learns from that.

Uitgelicht topic